The attractive point of Kindle device is reading time can be more extended with its battery than other e-Reader devices. Regardless of how the Kindle device works, a longeval battery must be necessary for you. In this post, you will learn information about Kindle battery specification, the time each Kindle lasts and tips to save Kindle battery life so that you can extend your Kindle battery life easier.
ContentsPart 1. Kindle Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery Specification
Part 2. Kindle Battery Life Hours of Each Kindle Device
Part 3. 10 Tips to Save Amazon Kindle Battery Life
To know the Kindle battery life, you must firstly understand the characteristics of the Kindle Lithium-Ion Polymer battery. Lithium-Ion Polymer batteries are widely used in portable electronic products such as your phone, camera, and the Kindle device. Because of the specification of the Lithium-Ion battery, Kindle devices can play their own role better. Learn the following specification of Kindle Lithium-Ion battery and you can have a better understanding of Kindle.
- No Memory Effect. The memory effect may cause the battery loses their maximum energy capacity if they are repeatedly recharged after being only partially discharged. Kindle battery doesn't have the memory effect and you can charge your Kindle at any time even though the battery isn't empty. This feature also applies to other devices.
- High Energy Density. There's high energy in per weight and volume in Kindle Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery. With high energy density, the Kindle battery can provide more power in lesser volume.
- Strong Discharge Capacity. The Lithium-Ion battery has great ability to discharge more capacity at amperes current. Compared to other batteries, Lithium-Ion batteries are more practical in the portable electronic products.
- Low Self-discharge. When you do not use Kindle, the device itself will discharge. This phenomenon is called self-discharge. Low self-discharge of Lithium-Ion battery must be a great advantage. It can reduce the number of times you charge.
- Tiny Additional Impact. The Lithium-Ion battery has tiny influence in electronics. The most dangerous consequence may be exploding. But a battery that is safer than Lithium-Ion batteries has no other stronger features. And the battery may explode in a very harsh condition.
- Designed Slim. The Lithium-Ion battery can be designed slim to apply to more advanced electronics. This feature will help you get a lighter and thinner Kindle device.
- Intolerant Overcharge/Over-discharge. When the battery comes to overcharge or over-discharge, the battery life will be shortened. This disappointing feature of the Lithium-Ion battery can be relieved by taking care of Kindle devices with the methods of saving Kindle battery life.
- Easy Use. The Lithium-Ion battery can work when connecting positive and negative and prevent overcharging and over-discharging. What is good for equipment manufacturers include Kindle, the Lithium-Ion battery is very practical and economical.
∗Kindle Lithium-Ion battery Shipping∗
If you want to return the Kindle device to Amazon or deliver it to other people, you may not ship it on airplanes. Due to the provisions of the airline, Lithium-Ion batteries cannot be transported by airplane. Of course, for the Kindle device, some airlines may have different rules. Before delivering, it's best for you to contact the airline to make sure the provision.
With the specification of the Lithium-Ion battery, the Kindle battery can last several years before it needs to be replaced when recharging it wouldn't work anymore. It's better for you to charge the Kindle device even you don't use it. And don't wait until the battery is empty to recharge it. Long-term maintenance of empty power will harm to the battery. So you must know the Kindle battery life hours of each Kindle device to make your usage experience better. Combine your own habits, you will know when you have to charge your Kindle device.
Amazon Official Data of Kindle Battery Life
- Kindle Fire HD 10 - Up to 8 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching video, and listening to music.
- Kindle Fire HD 8 - Up to 12 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching video, and listening to music.
- Kindle Fire - Up to 7 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching video, and listening to music.
- Kindle - 4 weeks on one charge, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off.
- Kindle Paperwhite - 6 weeks on one charge, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10.
- Kindle Voyage - 6 weeks on one charge, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10.
- Kindle Oasis - 8 weeks on one charge, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10.
- Kindle for Kids Bundle - 4 weeks on one charge, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off.
According to the user's feedback, Kindle battery life when you continuous using the Kindle device after one charge:
For Kindle 2, the battery will last 30 hours. For Kindle 3/4, the battery will last 15 hours. For Kindle Basic, the battery will last 14 hours. For Kindle Fire, the battery will last 9 hours. For Kindle HD, the battery will last 8 hours. For Kindle Paperwhite, the battery will last 28 hours. For Kindle Voyage, the battery will last 21 hours.
Generally, Kindle e-Readers last longer than Kindle tablets. People often say a Kindle e-Reader can last a few weeks without backlighting and Kindle Fire may only last a couple days. I think it's because of the Kindle Fire apps consuming more power. Of course, the wireless, lightness, usage, device settings, web browsing, and downloading content can influence the duration of the Kindle battery.
More functions represent more wasting power. As a member of Lithium-Ion polymer battery, Kindle rapid battery drain brothers many people. Following are some measures you can take to save or keep your Kindle device battery life. If you want to keep or extend your Kindle Paperwhite battery life or Kindle Fire HD battery life, you will never want to miss these summary methods. They can help you prolong your Kindle battery life and reduce the frequency of Kindle battery problems. Carry out them and increase your reading time.
∗If you own a Kindle Fire, you also can directly check the methods of how to increase Kindle Fire battery life.
1. Keep Sleep-mode: After leaving your Kindle device alone, there may be 10 mins to waste to make your Kindle sleep automatically. Your Kindle power is totally wasted during this period. So after using your Kindle device, keep it be sleep-mode quickly. You can use magnetic cover to keep Kindle automatic-sleeping. Or you can press and release the power button to keep it sleeping.
2. Timely Charging: Timely charging your Kindle and at least each time when you use your device, you will have no worry about your Kindle battery life. Using Kindle after full charging surely keeps your battery life. And you must charge it while leaving 15% power of your Kindle. Otherwise, the battery life will be shortened if you frequently using Kindle in lower power.
3. Updated Firmware: Keep updated Kindle firmware to avoid a program bug. Once in a while, the old firmware may weaken the battery life. You can check the firmware version from "Device Information". Compare and find the official firmware version from Fire & Kindle Amazon Software Updates to update. Learn ways of updating Kindle firmware.
4. Close Network: When you turn on WIFI or 3G option, it takes much power to search for and connect to the close-by network. Even though you have to download or search books from the Kindle store, you have no occasion to turn on WIFI/3G all day. So you can open airplane mode or close WIFI/3G networking status. This will save much more Kindle power. Tapping "Setting" and you will see the WIFI/3G or airplane mode option.
5. Close Extra Functions/Apps: Close backlight and page refresh function. Close extra apps, videos, games, music and other progress. You can close them in your setting option. If the light is sufficient, especially during the day, I think there is no need to adjust the backlight level too high and you can completely close it. If the page refresh function is useless for you, you can turn off it to extend the battery life. Especially for Kindle tablets, some additional apps will waste much power. Uninstalling battery sucking apps for your Kindle Fire could save your Kindle power.
6. Neutral Temperature: Keep Kindle in neutral temperature and safe place. From the above partial information, you must know the specification of Kindle Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery. For a Kindle battery, it doesn't like the temperature below freezing or over 100 degrees. The harsh temperature will damage the battery and the device.
7. Restart Kindle Occasionally: This will keep device status better similar to a computer. Restarting the device can clear some cached data or problems that occurred in the previous operation. Restart your Kindle once a time, you may get a more smooth device. From "Setting" options, you can find "Device Info". Then choose "Restart" option.
8. Keep Kindle Storage Simplify: Streamline your Kindle library and make sure that every book inside the device is intended to be saved or read. Delete useless books on your Kindle device. More space for fewer data will consume less power.
9. Keep Power When Indexing: Whatever adding books to your Kindle by email or USB cable, Kindle system will index these books automatically. And this indexing procedure will cripple your battery life. Far better to add books when you charge the Kindle device. On the other hand, you can add a few books at a time. It may save your Kindle power.
10. Storage Certain Power For Idle Kindle: If not using your Kindle long-term, it's recommended to store 40%-60% power for your device. When the power is too low, it may be over-discharging due to the self-discharge feature of the Kindle battery. Therefore, it is best to regularly charge the Kindle when not using it long-term to prevent battery aging. Learn How to Charge Kindle Correctly From Amazon.
Go with the tips of saving battery life of Kindle, you may extend Kindle service life. Trying these tips, at least we can do our utmost to prevent Kindle battery draining so fast. If you have more useful tips of keeping or saving Kindle battery life, it would be nice to share it with us.
Search Epubor to find anything you want to know about eBooks.
Grace Sue A reading enthusiast. Always pay close attention to the world of Ebook. Devote myself to share everything about e-book and favorably receive any suggestions.